I threw this together hoping it would work and it did, surprisingly! I usually split up a container of chicken breasts and bake it two different ways to make two meals. I did a honey mustard chicken with half and the other half I wanted to do something spicy for fajitas. We had left over onions and peppers so I cut all of them up. We also had some green verde salsa from Trader Joes and some random hot sauce. I threw everything into a casserole dish (with the chicken sliced in the center) and poured salsa and hot sauce generously over everything. It looked like a mess, but 20-25minutes later and only 1 dirty dish, I was sold! These are the kind of meals that I end up making again and again because we don’t have a dishwasher in our apartment! :) This was so easy and delicious! I would have added some green peppers for a little more color, but I used what we had. Enjoy!
Oven baked faijtas: 25 minutes, at 400°
1. Slice 2-3 chicken breasts, lay in center of casserole dish.
2. Thinly slice onions & peppers, surround chicken with veggies
3. Pour salsa (any kind) over chicken and if you like it spicy, add hot sauce too!
4. Bake for 20-25minutes
5. Warm corn tortillas over stovetop the last few minutes that the chicken is cooking. You can also melt a little cheese on the tortillas if you want to! YUM!
For the 4th of July my mom made the cutest snacks–watermelon stars! So unexpected and fun! I’ve been meaning to post it and I figured even though I’m late, summer isn’t over yet!!!! This cute idea would be perfect for any time of the year really: a fun breakfast addition or a kid’s party or play date or just for FUN :) Good for adults too! :)
1. // slice watermelon (or another kind of melon) into 1 in thick round slices
2. // press the cookie cutter into the round slice, carefully press out the shape
3. // discard the rind, eat the extra pieces! :)
You can find unique cookie cutters on etsy for cheap! Below are a few I thought were pretty cool. Also, I don’t have kids, but I think any kid would love their name spelled out in watermelon letters, right?! Everyone loves seeing their own name :) :) Batman and lightning bolts are pretty sweet too!
The Secret to Perfectly Crispy Butternut Squash Fries, 3 Easy Steps
There are a few easy steps to creating PERFECTLY crispy butternut squash fries! (You can also do these same steps for crispy sweet potatoe fries!) No one likes limp french fries. Here’s the trick… Continue reading →